Competition – Win An Apple iPod ShuffleFebruary 7, 2013
COMPETITION – Win Fellowes Laptop Riser & Padded Wrist RestMarch 18, 2013
Here at OfficeTeam we care about the projects our staff and customers care about! We understand that Corporate and Social Responsibility never stands still. We recognise the need to incorporate CSR into our work schedules, but understand that not everyone can afford to take a day off work.
Therefore each OfficeTeam staff member is allowed one working day per year (at the expense of our company) to volunteer on a project of their choice. From building herb spirals in Leeds to abseiling down the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth, the projects across the country have been varied.
- Our print design team got the Movember bug in November 2012 each growing a tash to raise money for Prostate cancer. The guys looked great and who knows – they might decide to keep them!
- Raising money for breast cancer awareness in October 2012 meant our team in Eastleigh, Southampton got their fundraising hats on. From home baked cakes sales to dress down Fridays to guessing the smarties, you name it, they did it!
- Dave Harvell from our IT department finished a half marathon in Birmingham in 1hr 35mins to raise money for Acorns Children’s Hospice and despite the rain managed to raise £250 from the day
- Our Northern sales team took part in the Race the Sun challenge; cycle 50 miles, climb Helvellyn and canoe Thirlmere. Start at sunrise, finish by sunset. The teams raised over £2,000 for Action for Charity
- John Dignan, our Standard’s Manager volunteers as a driver and inductor for London Based charity ‘The Food Chain’ for the past 5 years. They provide home delivered meals to people living with HIV each Sunday. Each meal is tailored to accommodate personal taste, cultural preferences and medical needs. John adds they are always on the lookout for new people – Interested? Get in touch
- Simon Worsfold, our Environmental Director raised money for Simon Says (who support children and families for whom a family member has died or is dying) by abseiling down the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth. It’s a good thing he’s not scared of heights!
Award winning credentials
We recognise the importance of ‘getting involved’ and 2013 won’t be an exception. We are proud to say that we have also been recognised for our contributions towards CSR and have won three Green Apple Awards for OfficeTeam’s contributions to helping local communities and environments. We have set our sights higher for 2013 and are looking forward to working on more fantastic projects with our staff and customers. With 971 employees, that’s a total of 33,985 hours that can be spent volunteering! We aim to:
- Either exceed or match our projects from 2012.
- Complete a variety of projects both charity and community based around the country.
- Spread the word about our projects to our customers and staff.
Have we given you an idea? Do you need volunteers to help on your projects? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide the volunteers to help you in 2013!