Graphic DesignerJune 13, 2019
Working in a Wholesale & Retail environment. Reporting into the Group Director of Operational Finance, with management responsibilities of circa 3 employees. This role will be working alongside another Senior Management Accountant, where responsibilities will be shared.
The Senior Management Accountant is a key member of the Senior Finance Team and responsible for the day to day accounting and financial management of the Sales, Margin and Selling Function of SPOT.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Key point of contact for budget holders and the senior management team, managing relationships and providing support.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly reporting, ensuring a strong understanding of all variances to budget/forecast and highlighting risks and opportunities to senior management and challenging budget holders where necessary
- Production of flash accounts (profit and loss focused) by day 2 for review by GFD. Full variance analysis and headline commentary required.
- Control and oversee production of the Balance Sheet Rec Folder, of which is completed in 2 stages – core recs being done on day 4 and the rest by day 10, with commentary.
- Oversees the Ireland accounting function.
- Overseeing and responsible for the consolidation of the annual budget.
- Leading the preparation of the year end audit and liaising with the company auditors.
- Assistance in the preparation of the Statutory accounts.
- Understanding and having a firm grasp on the Treasury and Working Capital Cycles of the group, per entity.
- Developing team member’s knowledge to ensure all elements of the Management Accounts function are covered for holidays and absence.
- Pro-actively driving ad hoc commercial analysis to help focus activity and identify potential cost savings and value for money, making recommendations for improvements where necessary.
- Promotion of cost awareness and cost control culture, ensuring sign-off and authorisation procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Supporting budget holders with Finance systems and processes ie the Purchase Order Management System.
- Business partnering with company directors to support growth and new business.
- Understanding company, competitors and industry.
- Systems literate – particularly Excel
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Have management experience
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to achieve required results
- Strong analytical skills to provide value added appraisals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to influence at all levels
- Ability to balance different tasks/priorities and work to deadlines in a demanding environment, managing change wherever necessary
- An enthusiastic team player who can lead by example and manage the team to achieve optimum performance through coaching and development
- A motivated self-starter who is able to use their initiative and take ownership of tasks.
- Willing to step in when needed to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness
If you would like to apply, please submit your CV