YHA aims to reach out and enhance the lives of all young people. It operates a network of more than 200 Youth Hostels, bunkhouses and camping barns across England and Wales. It is part of an international network of Youth Hostels in 60 countries around the world.
YHA was looking to review its Direct Mail arrangements. The review encompassed various direct mail activities which can be summarised as the following:
>> Manual membership processing
>> Outsourced membership production and fulfillment for their daily letter runs and monthly
>> New membership projects
>> Stock management and fulfillment
>> Email toolkit
>> Hostel marketing and fundraising campaigns
YHA had the following objectives:
• Identify cost savings
• Obtain a higher level of postal discounts
• Easy checking and preview capabilities
• ISO 27001 and DPA compliance
• Mailsorting options to choose from based on mailing type and the amount of sorting required
• Reduce the amount of manual time spent collating and inserting documents with letters
• Introduce paper consistency and fewer variants, rationalising where possible
• Provide online ordering solution to sit alongside Stationery and Marketing Print contract
• Reduce current number of suppliers
• Reduce invoice processing administration
PrintTeam recommended a full audit of YHA’s direct mail-related invoices over multiple locations throughout UK and were able to demonstrate considerable savings. We proposed a solution to meet YHA’s price, service and quality demands whilst increasing efficiencies across their various types of direct mail.We provided analysis and an initial consultation which enabled us to put forward a proposal including:
• Tailor-made solution enabling YHA to get their mail from point A to point B with the best
possible quality at the lowest possible cost
• Data mailsort and VAT advice to ensure the most economical route for YHA’s mail.
• Full colour print maintaining brand consistency
• Reduces YHA’s stock holding of stationery, envelopes and printer consumables
• Automated mail preparation
• A daily letter run solution which includes downloading their membership data
• A monthly membership renewals solution
• Secure data processing and proofing
• Variable data printing and mailmerge with variable inserts and pack integrity checks
• Postage is billed quarterly in advance
• Fast, reliable turnaround and high standards
• Fulfillment, warehousing and stock management
• Personal approach and one point of contact
• Disaster recovery back up facility
All stocked orders are received next day and all print on demand items are delivered within five working days of receipt of order. We process YHA’s documents in our secure mailing facility, which is accredited to ISO 27001 and fully compliant with the Data Protection Act. YHA can rest assured that their mail is being processed in a professional and confidential environment.
We currently process thousands of documents every day which means that YHA benefit from the cost savings of bulk mail processing and the substantial postal discounts we receive from Royal Mail due to our scale.
YHA can now manage their account more effectively and monitor the progress of their mail with no additional software required, which has reduced admin and labour time considerably. YHA’s staff can focus on their core activities and no longer need to spend time printing out letters and stuffing envelopes. Their business costs associated with stationery, printers and post rooms have been significantly reduced.